1950'S WAYNE WHITE ROSE ULTRA GAS PUMP
PRICE: $ 2,900
1950's Wayne White Rose Ultra Gas Pump
Wayne Oil Tank & Pump Company
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
In 1891, a number of former employees of the Bowser Pump Company started the Wayne Oil Tank Company . The company had a hard time deciding on an official name, sometimes advertising as the Wayne Oil Tank & Pump Company and the Wayne Tank & Pump Company. Around 1928 the company began using the name Wayne Pump Company and the Wayne Company.
Wayne manufactured a number of products including oil dispensers, grease dispensers, air compressors, air towers, lifts, and car washers. During the Depression, Wayne invented the computer that is still being used in some gas pumps today. This, and the introduction of such outstanding pump designs as the famous Wayne 60, kept Wayne surviving and prospering through difficult times.
Over the years the Wayne Company purchased Fry Equipment (which included the Marvel company), Boyle-Dayton, and also acquired an interest in the Martin & Schwartz Pump Company. For years, Wayne advertised their oil dispensers and Wayne-Marvel equipment. When Martin & Schwartz became part of Wayne, all operations were moved to the Salisbury, Maryland location of Martin & Schwartz. In 1958, Wayne became a part of Symington-Gould, which was also a part owner of the Martin & Schwartz Company, and was called Symington-Wayne. Symington-Wayne was acquired by Dresser Industries in 1968, forming Dresser Wayne. In 2001, Wayne ceased operations in Salisbury and moved to Austin, Texas. Dresser Wayne pumps can be found in many modern stations today.