Spanish
 

French
 

German
 

Italian
 

Portuguese
 

Russian
 

Chinese
 

Japanese
 
Join Us On Facebook
Follow Us On Twitter
AutoCollections on YouTube
AutoCollections on Instagram
Bookmark and Share

1930 ROLLS ROYCE PHANTOM II MULLINER LIMOUSINE








1930 ROLLS-ROYCE PHANTOM II MULLINER LIMOUSINE
Chassis no. 190GY Engine no. TQ35
Chassis number 190GY was delivered from Rolls-Royce to H J Mulliner of Chiswickoin 6th October 1930 where this very elegant seven-seat limousine body was constructed. Lucas P100 headlamps and a centre lamp together with twin side-mounted spare wheels and a luggage rack were also fitted. The car was subsequently delivered via Car Mart Ltd of Park Lane in late October to Mr. Holmes of Hitchin, Hertfordshire, the subsequent owner being Sir Walter Preston Terbury. During the War GK64 was used for towing farm trailers; following hostilities a restoration was undertaken by an enthusiastic private owner who unfortunately never realized his ambition to completely renovate the car. During the 1980s however, a comprehensive restoration was carried out by Messrs Scott Montcrieff of Leck, Staffordshire who sympathetically retained original parts wherever possible. This comprehensive work included repairing or rebuilding all electricals, instruments, lights, etc., with the wooden frame and panel work replaced where necessary and the aluminum body stripped and rebuilt with new metal wherever required. The interior trim is finished in leather to the front chauffeurs compartment with cloth in the rear and the colours have faithfully followed the original specification. The veneers have been repaired and repolished, the coachwork painted to Rolls-Royce standards and all bright-work refitted. In all cases the original parts were used wherever possible the chassis, engine, drive train, etc. are all original to the car. The car is now sold from a private collection and is described as being excellent throughout, and is extremely elegant in maroon over black livery with brown hide and red carpets.