1961 Rolls-Royce Phantom V Chapron Limousine
Chassis Number: 5 LAT 50
Paris Auto Salon car in 1961. 1 of 2 Chapron bodies on a Phantom V chassis.
Delivered new to a Mrs. K. Milbank of Paris, France on June 16, 1961. Other former owners include: D.P "Pod"Boothe, Jr. of Sausalito, California, widely hailed as the founder of the modern industrial leasing business. The next owner was one of the pioneer gaming entrepreneurs, Harold S. Smith Sr., who founded Harolds Club in Reno, Nevada in 1936. This car is shown in the Lawrence Dalton book “Rolls-Royce The Classic Elegance”. It comes with copies of the chassis history card which shows chassis number, transmission number, ownership history, chassis specifications, special features, work orders, etc..
About 15 years ago a complete restoration was started. If fact, the restoration was done all the way until final assembly. The former owner of the car had a disagreement with the restorer, so the car was not completed. The car is about 90% completed! Here’s your chance to finish an extremely rare marriage of a French bodied Phantom V Rolls-Royce!